Salary: Dependant on experience
Passionate about coffee. That's Costa. Since our creation in 1971, when we started supplying coffee slow roasted the Italian way.
The Role of Assistant Manager:
As Assistant Manager you'll be passionate about customer service, love great coffee and be almost fanatical about driving the store forwards.
You will guide and develop your team to serve the best in food and drinks and as Assistant Manager, stock control and day-to-day management will also be part of your remit.
Your skills will be invaluable to your Store Manager; a strong focus on sales will help them to grow the business, while your experience ideally from a hospitality or retail background - will help to recruit the right people for the team.
What we will be looking for in you:
For the role of Assistant Manager, we are looking for a leader and role model, someone with customer service experience who is used to working as part of a team.
With a natural enthusiasm for the task in hand, youll be able to share this zeal with the team and motivate them to higher standards.
We are looking for someone who has the drive and ambition to progress on to Store Manager level within the business. To apply please send an e-mail with a covering letter and cv
Management: 1 year
Closing date: 31 March 2018
Salary: £28,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
The Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust (PNBPT) is seeking to recruit a Shipwright Instructor to join our team at IBTC Portsmouth, working in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
This is a full-time permanent position at 37.5 hours per week, reporting to the Head of Teaching. The post-holder will be expected to deliver training in boatbuilding and joinery skills to a wide range of Learners and contribute to ongoing Learner and course development.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a multi-disciplined Shipwright, experience of managing diverse groups of people and of teaching in the Lifelong Learning sector. Strong teaching and communication skills are essential along with a proficiency in wood working machinery and power tools.
Main duties include:
Closing date: 20 April 2018
An exciting opportunity has risen to work in a brand new cookhouse in the heart of the historic dockyard, the position is on a variable contract, working Monday-Sunday with occasional evening work- If you think you’re the right person for the job, We look forward to hearing from you.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
• To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities
• To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene
• To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care
• To be responsible for the preparation, service and presentation of food and beverages and other catering requests
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
• To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
• CH&Co values
• To ensure effective selling opportunities are supported by all staff having full product knowledge of all items available
• To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work
• To protect all company property in the unit and maintain all such property in a manner of good and safe repair.
Boathouse 4 is located in one of the oldest and most historic parts of the Historic Dockyard. Few visitors realise that we have been building wooden boats here for hundreds of years.
Would you like to join our team of volunteers?
Do you love Portsmouth, Wooden boats and our Naval Heritage?
Could you tell visitors the story of Boathouse 4?
Boathouse 4 has been restored and is now open as a FREE attraction at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our team
Our volunteers get involved in;
• The conservation and restoration of small boats from the Portsmouth Naval Base’s collection that come to us for repair or restoration.
• Leading a daily tour of our workshop floor telling visitors about the work underway.
• Telling our visitors about the significance and history of small boats in the Royal Navy and building boats in Boathouses 4,5,6,7.
• Demonstrate aspects of woodworking/boatbuilding or rope making to visitors – Training can be provided.
• Welcoming and interacting with our visitors.
• Help with our ‘hands-on’ activities and workshops for all ages.
• Crew our fleet of WWII boats.
LOVE NAVAL HISTORY? SHARE IT WITH US!
Volunteer at the National Museum of the Royal Navy
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to volunteer with the NMRN.
We are looking for front of house volunteers to engage with our visitors across our unique and historic attractions, these include:
· HMS Victory
The world’s oldest commissioned warship, Lord Horatio Nelson’s flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar.
· HMS M.33
One of only 3 Royal Navy ships to survive from World War One, served at the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915.
· 36 HOURS: JUTLAND 1916 EXHIBITION (OPENS MAY 2016)
Largest exhibition dedicated at the Battle of Jutland in the world
· NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY GALLERIES
Housed in two Grade I listed buildings displaying artefacts from the beginning of the Royal Navy to the modern day.
We welcome all ages and backgrounds (18+) to volunteer in our ships and galleries.
Volunteering with us is a great way to meet new people, developing new skills, gain experience and taken on new challenges
Boathouse 7 requires waiting staff to work in our busy cafeteria in the heart of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Hours of work are predominately 9-5 including weekends, with some evening shifts.
Overall purpose of the job
Performing a variety of tasks associated with food service in a high volume cafe and delivering excellent customer service in the catering unit.
• Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
• Communicate confidently with customer & exceeding visitor expectation
• Ability to work within in a team and individually
• To complete unit specific tasks and sign off all associated paperwork
• To attend team meetings as required
• To operate the till in line with company operation and cash handling procedures
• To maximize uptake and spend per head
Experience preferred but not essential.
If you think you are the person for the role in this busy, vibrant and friendly unit, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your C.V along with a Covering Letter to :