Welcome to the 17th year of The Victorian Festival of Christmas at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard which consistently attracts more than 35,000 visitors, it is bursting with fun and festive entertainment and it is in the beautiful and unique setting of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, home of the Newly Re-Launched Mary Rose Museum, HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860, Action Stations, HMS M33, the National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth and Harbour Tours. All of which are INCLUDED in the visitors ticket to the event.
Festival dates and visitor opening hours
Friday 25th November, 10am - 6pm
Saturday 26th November, 10am - 6pm
Sunday 27th November, 10am - 6pm
Stallholder space pricing (also see site plan for location)
|Zone 1||Outside Boathouse 4 Marquee||22||3m x 3.6m||£550 + VAT|
|Zone 2||Outside Boathouse 5 Marquee||9||3m x 3.6m||£550 + VAT|
|Zone 3||Returning for 2016 Main Road||9||3m x 3.6m||£450 + VAT|
|Zone 4||South Terrace Street Marquee||15||3m x 3.6m||£450 + VAT|
|Zone 5||South Terrace Market Square||36||3m x 3.6m||£450 + VAT|
|Zone 6||Boutique Market||25||2m x 2m Space||£300 + VAT|
|Zone 7||Anchor Lane Victorian Street Marquee||30||3m x 3.6m||£450 + VAT|
|Zone 8||Port Arena Marquee||9||3m x 3m||£275 + VAT|
|Location||Zone 1,2,3,4,5,7 & 8||Zone 6|
|Outside Boathouse 4, Outside Boathouse 5, Main Road Anchor Lane, South Terrace, South Terrace Market Square & Port Arena||Boutique Market|
|2m x 2m Space|
Price includes the following for each space
|1||Outside Boathouse 4 Marquee||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|2||Outside Boathouse 5 Marquee||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|3||Main Road||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|4||South Terrace Street Marquee||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|5||South Terrace Market Square||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|6||Boutique Market||Within building||Allocated Space||No electric hire available|
|7||Anchor Lane Victorian Street Marquee||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
|8||Port Arena Street Marquee||Within marquee||Individual marquee||Electric hire available below|
Lighting within marquee - Vapour proof, low energy strip light within each individual marquee
Table hire prices
|Furniture||Price||Total (inc. VAT)|
|Wooden trestle table (2.6ft x 6ft)||£12.00 + VAT||£14.40|
Electricity hire prices
• To help you choose which of the following 3 electricity supplies are most suitable for your stall please count up the number of watts the appliances you’re planning to bring to The Victorian Festival of Christmas use in total and cross check this number against the table below.
• You can do this by looking at the CE electricity label found on all appliances (usually on the plug or base of the appliance).
• Electricity supplies can only be booked in advance (before Friday 4th November 2016); electricity bookings cannot be accepted after this time or on the day.
Please note that VAT is now at 20%
|2016 Price||Electricity supply||Power example|
|1||£50 + VAT||Up to 1kw (1,000 watts)||2 x sets of fairy lights and a till (or equivalent)|
|2||£100 + VAT||Up to 3kw (3,000 watts)||2 x sets of fairy lights, a till, moderate water heating equipment and a single hot plate (or equivalent)|
|3||£150 + VAT||Up to 6kw (6,000 watts)||
A till, 1 x microwave and 2 x halogen lights and
2 x hot plates (or equivalent)
If you require more power than is stated above please call and ask for availability and prices.
The Victorian Festival of Christmas provides a marvellous opportunity to enhance your company’s profile through sponsorship and positioning of banners on site. The types and cost of sponsorship vary and can be tailor-made to suit your requirements and means. For further information please contact Aidan Rowsell, PHD Events Manager on 023 92894 559.
Our extensive and carefully managed marketing campaign has been consistently successful in attracting visitors from within a 50-mile radius of Portsmouth with the majority of visitors coming from Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex. However the reputation of the event is growing as both visitors and traders are travelling further to attend.
• Leaflets distributed throughout the South East and inserted into local press
• Integrated regional press and Travel Trade advertising and PR campaign
• Digital marketing campaign to all subscribers and social media channels
• Regional outdoor, transport and radio advertising (Wave 105)
• Reciprocal partner activity
• PR stunt at local music festival with 80,000 visitors
• Advanced and online booking
Stallholder site plan