Multi-award winning Mary Rose Museum
Meet the Museum Management Team and put key areas of business in context. Topics offered include: operational issues; customer service; marketing; organisation; running events and managing change (by arrangement).
• Introductory Talk: Running a Museum Business
• Structured museum visit investigating key areas of interest
• Workshop session including practical activities
World-class archaeology in action
Alongside a museum visit, receive a rare opportunity to find out about the archaeology and conservation of the Mary Rose. Includes:
• Discovering how have we become a world leader in conservation science for waterlogged artefacts
• Real and replica artefact handling
• Careers after an archaeology degree – meet the experts!
Alternative version: Combined History and Archaeology A-Level Experience Day
History at HMS Warrior
An active study day designed to enable students to work out the degree and nature of change in surgery from Paré to Lister. The role of war and individuals are the focus of this day. Suitable for any stage of the GCSE examination course.
£8 per student (based on a minumum of 20)